Sermons on the subject:
Last week, John Piper spoke on the biblical foundations for Bethlehem College and Seminary under the title "The Earth Is the Lord's: The Supremacy of Christ in Christian Learning.
"We aim to enable and to motivate the student to
- observe his subject matter accurately and thoroughly;
- understand clearly what he has observed;
- evaluate fairly what he has understood by deciding what is true and valuable;
- feel intensely according to the value of what he has evaluated;
- apply wisely and helpfully in life what he understands and feels; and
- express in speech, writing, and deeds what he has seen, understood, felt and applied in such a way that its accuracy, clarity, truth, value, and helpfulness can be known and enjoyed by others.