My stomach is turning. The headline: "Obama Planning Billion-Dollar Bailout For Abortion Industry"
Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List,
This billion-dollar bailout of the abortion industry comes at a time, number one, when the economy is suffering dramatically with true need. And number two, it communicates an incredible depth of arrogance, especially when you consider that the vast majority of Americans -- men and women, no matter who you talk to -- they don't believe that people who don't believe in abortion should be funding it," she contends. "Most Americans don't believe that we should be funding abortions, especially in a time of economic crisis.
That's putting it lightly.
These bank and auto bailouts are debatable...but at least they have the motivation of helping the economy. But funding the baby-slaughtering machine with government money? Haven't we heard Obama and his supporters assuring us that they are for decrease in abortions even if they want to keep it legal? And now this...a plan for every American legally forced to personally fund abortion. I'm disgusted. History will judge us for our blindness.
HT: Rachel Stewart
Challies alerts to this resource from 9 Marks. Lots of good stuff.
Includes this top 10 for being a crappy parent (in other words, stop doing these things!):
- Make it a habit to discipline your child while angry.
- Make it a point to scold your child – especially in public. Mockery and ridicule work well.
- Deliberately embarrass your child in front of his/her friends. Name calling really gets their attention.
- Create double standards so that the child never knows who or what to follow.
- Preach and hold the child to a gospel of self-discipline instead of a gospel of grace. (Note: the Bible presents Pharisees as very unhappy people.)
- Never admit you're wrong and never ask your children for forgiveness.
- Inspect your child until you find something wrong. Holding them to an unreachable standard makes this task easier.
- Judge a fight between your children before you've listened to them.
- Compare your child to others.
- Promise your children things early in the day and then don't fulfill the promise.
So this dude lied to the cops about his name...with his real name tattooed on his neck.
We deny our sin...but there's a book:
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20.11-15
Let's not foolishly pretend we're good. Let's confess we're bad and receive Jesus' goodness on our behalf. He'll have our sin written on Him (2 Cor. 5.21). And have our names written in the book of life.
Scottish preacher Alexander Maclaren:
No unwelcome tasks become any the less unwelcome by putting them off till tomorrow. It is only when they are behind us and done, that we begin to find that there is a sweetness to be tasted afterwards, and that the remembrance of unwelcome duties unhesitatingly done is welcome and pleasant. Accomplished, they are full of blessing, and there is a smile on their faces as they leave us. Undone, they stand threatening and disturbing our tranquility, and hindering our communion with God. If there be lying before you any bit of work from which you shrink, go straight up to it, and do it at once. The only way to get rid of it is to do it.
"More than 650 international scientists dissent over man-made global warming claims..."
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.”
- UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.