8.17.2007

Doctrine of Singleness

We'll probably have to admit that a meaningful, biblical doctrine of singleness is not the most common proclamation in the church. I'll confess that I haven't yet specifically addressed it from my pulpit. And as we're all single for part of our lives, and some of us are single for most or all of our lives, the truth on the matter desperately needs to be known. I'm looking forward to the time when I am honored to proclaim it at my church. For now, here are two helpful sermons on the matter from John Piper:

Single in Christ: A Name Better Than Sons and Daughters


Marriage, Singleness, and the Christian Virtue of Hospitality

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To often the single ones seem over looked. At time the subject is brushed up against but not dug into. Mistakes get carried on by our learnings from our parents. To often popularity is jugded by sexual expression and ability rather than sustaining from the desires. When and where do when learn or have these things taught in great detail to you? Not only children but even young to middle aged singles. We get settled into what society says is popular rather than what is not only biblically right but spiritually right. What rightoues man will teach me the ways of the lord and the lords cries for the single.