8.08.2008

Art Monk is My Hero, Part 1



Art Monk was recently inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame.  His son, James Monk Jr., gave the intro speech.  He said in part,
You know, growing up as a son of Art Monk is something that I would never ever change for the world. And as his son, there's always been this question I could never escape, that I could never avoid, that I could never get away from and that was: Do you want to be like Art when you grow up? Now, you think such an easy question would have such an easy answer. Let me tell you a few things that go into answering this question …

So to answer the question, do you want to be like Art Monk when you grow up, my answer is I'd rather be like Dad. Dad, thank you for being the man of God that God has called you to be, and for raising me in the same way. As your best friend, as your admirer, as your biggest fan and as your son, I want to tell the whole world that I love you and I'm truly honored and blessed to induct you into the 2008 Pro Football Hall of Fame.
May my son have a similar testimony! (apart from the HOF, of course...)

From: Mahaney's View From the Cheap Seats

No comments: