6.28.2007

Edible Edwards

I'm not an expert, but certainly one of the greatest theologians, philosophers, and God-lovers in the history of the church is Jonathan Edwards. However, if you've read him, you may agree with me that an additional brain would be helpful in digesting his genius.

Though the reading of his works is more than worth the effort and something I wouldn't want to discourage, there are some helpful works from thinkers greater than I who present Edwards in a more digestible and therefore perhaps enjoyable way:

1. God's Passion for His Glory, by John Piper
2. Signs of the Spirit: An Interpretation of Jonathan Edwards's "Religious Affections", by Sam Storms
3. A God Entranced Vision of All Things; The Legacy of Jonathan Edwards, Piper, Taylor, eds.

Enjoy! - I dare you!

No comments: