6.17.2008

Hearing From Fatherless and Feminist

Joe Carter shares about his fatherlessness and the family resemblance for which he is aiming.
I don't know how to answer 50% of my medical history forms; I don't know if I have more brothers and sisters; I don't know what my last name should be (Carter is the surname of my brother's father.); I don't know if I'm half-Jewish, half-German, or half-Ukrainian...

My hope is that someday I'll grow up to be like My Father. People will know what kind of person I am from seeing the family resemblance. Perhaps then instead of seeing me and thinking "Urkranian" they'll say, "You look like you're Christian."
Rebecca Walter, the daughter of a feminist leader (Alice Walter), remembers and rejects her mother's message.
How sad to be taught by your own mother that you enslave her and keep her from the good life...
You see, my mum taught me that children enslave women. I grew up believing that children are millstones around your neck, and the idea that motherhood can make you blissfully happy is a complete fairytale. ... As a little girl, I wasn't even allowed to play with dolls or stuffed toys in case they brought out a maternal instinct. It was drummed into me that being a mother, raising children and running a home were a form of slavery.

Feminism has betrayed an entire generation of women into childlessness. It is devastating. But far from taking responsibility for any of this, the leaders of the women's movement close ranks against anyone who dares to question them -- as I have learned to my cost. 
"Honor your father and mother" must also mean that we honor the role of father and mother.

1 comment:

Liz said...

hey bro, i'm loving your blog. i finally figured how to get here through a proxie. keep it up.
love you.
your sis